On Friday, March 11, 2022, OhioLINK Will Pause ALL Requests Until End of Spring Semester.
Because of ongoing delivery issues, Thomas Library, along with the other OhioLINK member institutions and SearchOhio member public libraries, will be switching back to Priority Dispatch as our delivery services provider.
What this means for you:
- Starting March 11 and through the end of spring term, you will not be able to request material through the OhioLINK Central Catalog, OPAL, or SearchOhio.
- Between now and March 10, please request items as early as possible and anticipate delays.
Other options for obtaining materials not held by Thomas Library:
- After March 10, you may request books normally available through OhioLINK and SearchOhio through inter-library loan (ILL) at https://www.wittenberg.edu/lib/ill
- Please note ILL requests may take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
- We are unable to fulfill requests for media (CDs, DVDs, etc.) through ILL.
- If you are able to travel, you can go to other OhioLINK and SearchOhio libraries and check out materials using your Wittenberg ID. Please call first to ensure the other library is open to visitors.
We understand this timing is challenging for our community. We just learned of this decision a few days ago. This decision was made by the Ohio Department of Administrative Services (DAS), the State Library of Ohio, and OhioLINK.
Access to databases and online resources are unaffected by this change.
If you have questions or concerns Wittenberg library faculty would be happy to discuss your needs and help you look for alternate formats and materials. Please email us at email@example.com, or use our online chat box on the library’s website.
Priority Dispatch, the company who delivered for OhioLINK prior to July 2021, will start delivering for OhioLINK once again beginning April 18th, 2022. OhioLINK is confident Priority Dispatch will be able to deliver your library materials efficiently once again. We hope that OhioLINK, OPAL, and SearchOHIO materials will be available for request starting again sometime in May.
For more information, please see the FAQ from the OhioLINK website: https://www.ohiolink.edu/press/print_lending_frequently_asked_questions